Friday 19 January 2018

Update on chilli and tomato seedlings

As of now, 12 out of the 15 cherry tomato seeds have germinated.

Since there are maximum three tomato seedlings in each tray, they can stay in the propagator trays for a while.
The chillis, both those that came from the seeds I saved from my plants sown in 2016 and 2017, and the mainly sweet pepper varieties I ordered from someone in Greece on eBay, are germinating well too:

1602 is a habenero, not sure of exact variety

1701 could be Yellow Cayenne or Aji Lemon. I quite like these usually medium to hot heat but not as hot as the habeneros

Some of the Greek sweet pepper seeds.
Many of the plants from the previous years are still going strong including the parent plants of some of the seeds above:
1701 is on the left, 1602 on the right.
It remains to be seen how many of the ones that are overwintering in my parents greenhouse will survive and grow back.

No comments:

Post a Comment